Monday, October 10
1:00 PM–5:00 PM
NAEMT's Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) course is recognized around the world as the leading continuing education program for prehospital emergency trauma care. The mission of PHTLS is to promote excellence in trauma patient management by all providers involved in the delivery of prehospital care. PHTLS is developed by NAEMT in cooperation with the American College of Surgeons' Committee on Trauma (ACS-COT). Now in its 10th edition, the PHTLS Instructor Update prepares instructors to teach the revised course.
The 10th edition Instructor Update will provide PHTLS faculty with the following:
• Review of the compendium of changes to the PHTLS textbook;
• Review of the changes to the course schedule, lessons, patient simulations, and course manual;
• Identification of key teaching points in the course;
• Review of updates to the PHTLS Military Edition textbook; and
• NEW – demonstrations of select PHTLS patient simulations by experienced PHTLS faculty.
The update is designed for current 9th edition PHTLS instructors. Current PHTLS instructors who attend the Instructor Update will be qualified to teach the 10th edition course materials.
Participants will receive 4 hours of CAPCE approved credit and the textbook and instructor materials are included.