EMS World and the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) announce the opening of nominations for the 2018 National EMS Awards of Excellence to recognize outstanding achievement in the field.
The 2018 awards will be presented in October at the NAEMT Annual Meeting in Nashville, TN, held in conjunction with EMS World Expo 2018, and during the EMS World Expo Opening Ceremony. Winners receive a monetary award, a three-day core program registration to EMS World Expo, plus a stipend for travel and lodging to attend EMS World Expo and the NAEMT Annual Meeting.
Go to www.emsworld.com/awards to enter as many nominees as you wish in one of seven award categories:
- The Dick Ferneau Career EMS Service of the Year recognizes outstanding performance by a paid EMS service
- The ZOLL Volunteer EMS Service of the Year recognizes outstanding performance by a volunteer EMS service
- The NAEMT/Nasco Paramedic of the Year recognizes a paramedic who demonstrates excellence in the performance of EMS
- The NAEMT/Braun Industries EMT of the Year recognizes an EMT who demonstrates excellence in the performance of EMS
- The NAEMT/Jones & Bartlett Learning Educator of the Year is presented to an educator in recognition of their contributions to EMS
- The NAEMT/North American Rescue Military Medic of the Year recognizes a military medic who demonstrates excellence in the performance of military emergency medicine
- The NAEMT/Bound Tree Medical Director of the Year recognizes an EMS Medical Director who demonstrates excellence in medical direction of an EMS system.
Deadline for submissions is June 30. An independent judging panel will convene to evaluate entries. Winners will be notified by July 31. Questions? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org